Seeking Investor CEOs
Tonka Bay works closely with our Investor CEOs to identify, purchase and operate new platform companies. Ideal candidates have industry-specific ideas and a desire to invest in a company with Tonka Bay as a partner.
Tonka Bay works closely with Investor CEOs for a period of six to 24 months or more, during which time we identify the right company to purchase together — often with the help of buy-side intermediaries as well as other Tonka Bay resources.
Strong Investor CEO characteristics include:
• 10+ years of industry experience
• Former CEO, COO or President
• Network of industry contacts
• Successful track record
• Excellent references
• Compelling investment thesis
• Desire to invest
• Vision and execution skills
• Sales and marketing orientation
• Team-builder mindset
• Dedication and conviction — not just "looking for a job"
• Board experience
• M&A experience